This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Online course and forum session timeouts

Started by libetz, May 3, 2013 · 4 Replies · 189 Views

libetz

Hi, it's rather a technical issue, but since it's related to this course and to everyone here, I thought to bring it up here.

The timeouts are just too short. I guess that they are not longer than 30 minutes of inactivity. That means, if I keep the course open for a longer period of time, I have to log in again.
As strict as an open bank account! :)

Please change that setting to make it more user friendly.

 

Thanks

libetz

I respect your opinion, but I don't fully understand it.

If I'm logged in and go over the material, and do a several things at the same time, it's not very convenient.

When I train and must do a break for whatever reason, I have to re-log.

 

I just don't see what's the harm in making it longer. I can't find a similar security approach in other applications.
Bank accounts contain sensitive information, and you don't want to forget them open for too long, but here...

 

If you kindly extend the sessions to 2-5 hours, for example, I don't see how you will lose content protection:
1) If anybody wants to steal the entire content, they just have to remain active throughout the process.

2) I'm not sure if it's possible, but even if you log in from more than one device, the person with the other device won't be able to perform more than one training; which is the case of 5 hours timeout.

I really appreciate your guiding and professional knowledge, but the online interface is restricting enough as it is. The timeouts are a bit annoying.  

suprtank

I'm good with it as is. Keep up your great work and progress coach. Do as you see fit!

Cory Fair

It's not about security, we simply don't determine the session length as it's part of the built-in framework. I'll see what I can work out with them to extend it.

libetz

Thank you. Much appreciated.