This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Dislocate & ROM

Started by Nash, May 3, 2013 · 6 Replies · 389 Views

Nash

Hi Guys,

 

Super noob questions here and I'm not sure if this is the right forum section to ask this, but two things that I don't quite understand.

 

1) Dislocate. I've seen it used in many places where people talk about "dislocate element" & "working my dislocate." What does that mean?

 

2) ROM. At first I thought it meant Range of Motion, but the contexts it's been used in seem to imply that it means something else.

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated; also if there's a more suited forum to ask super beginner questions.

 

Thanks!

Jon Douglas

"Dislocate elements" and 'dislocates' in a H1 context denotes the series HS/IM 5 through 8. You can find videos of dislocates there (in your HS1 course) which can explain it better than I can :) there may be a better term for this but it pretty much says it all.

 

ROM is range of motion, but sometimes we use it a little loosely. ROM for dislocates is also sometimes used to refer to the width of the hands; so achieving 'adequate ROM' may mean the same dislocate movement completed with hands narrower.

 

Any questions on the products go in their respective forums, so your post is in the right place :)

Nash

Thank you Charm.

Jon Douglas
Nash said:

Thank you Charm.

Word. Welcome aboard.

TANSTAAFL

Quad City DJ's all the way. Please excuse the lack of timeliness, just getting through the whole forum.

Jon Douglas
TANSTAAFL said:

Quad City DJ's all the way. Please excuse the lack of timeliness, just getting through the whole forum.

I did have to wonder about these like-bumps I've gotten this past couple days! :)

TANSTAAFL

Well deserved my friend.