F1 workout duration?

Started by Chisei, May 2, 2013 · 5 Replies · 3,699 Views

Chisei

Hey, so I have not gotten F1 yet because it will be a few months before I will be able to make use of it, but for scheduling purposes I was wondering if someone would enlighten me:

I know you can choose how many days a week you want to train, but how long are the workouts themselves? Is it variable depending on how many days you do, and is it always in one contiguous session? Since one of the points of the F series is that exact sets and reps are spelled out, it seems like total workout time should be consistent.

I just want to know what to expect, and how flexible it will be. Thanks!

Joshua Slocum

Workouts are periodized, which means that the precise number of sets and reps varies by week. The total volume is several times higher on week 11 than it is on week 1. Additionally, some exercises are done at much higher volume than others: some basic elements will have you doing dozens of reps per set; more advanced elements will have you doing only a handful. 

 

20-40 minutes is a reasonable estimate, including about 10 minutes for your warmup. You might go over 40 minutes if you were on week 11 for more than one very-high rep element.

Chisei

Wow, that's much much shorter than I was imagining, thanks for letting me know. That would be quite a change from my current 1.5-3 hours a day, I'm looking forward to it!

Primate

It is focused really well, the integrated mobility makes it hard to cheat on the amount of rest time you give yourself.  If I'm doing the 3 day per week schedule, my workouts will generally be about 45 minutes total. And that wrecks me.

Chisei

Very cool, thanks guys. What's the max number of days you can do?

ZRX38
Chisei said:

Very cool, thanks guys. What's the max number of days you can do?

I think you can do up to 5 days a week.