This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Replace stall bar on Vertical pike walk- Pike lean

Started by Kris, May 2, 2013 · 8 Replies · 247 Views

Kris
Hi all

 

I have found this variation for replace Vertical pike walk/Pike lean because i've not stall bar.

 

What do you think ?

 

Cannister

While you get points for creativity the direction of gravity makes what you are doing and the vertical pike walk very different.  I will (unofficially, of course) say that this is not a valid substitute.  Stalls bars are worth the investment and are definitely required for the Foundation courses.

Joshua Slocum

I agree with Cannister. The wall-pike is a stretch that uses gravity for assistance. Your stretch, while ingenious, unfortunately does not have the same intensity because gravity is pointing the same way. 

Jon Douglas

Some of these pike/lat stretches I've been able to replace by *drum roll* hooking my fingers over the top of a kitchen sink.

 

Others have required using a nearby fence, or when I can a local playground ladder

Keilani Gutierrez
Charm said:

Some of these pike/lat stretches I've been able to replace by *drum roll* hooking my fingers over the top of a kitchen sink.

 

Others have required using a nearby fence, or when I can a local playground ladder

I ripped my sink off the wall one time for filling it up with water and then placing the right amount of pressure from my part while putting away dishes and it just sent dirty dish water everywhere.  :facepalm:

 

word of caution. make sure the sink is empty and sans of dishes(clean or dirty) to avoid any catastrophe :P

Jon Douglas

Wise words^

bgoods

I will be building myself a set if stall bars sometime in the next few weeks, but it thin meantime I have been able to successfully creat a substitute for the stall for all the pile leans, twisting lay stretches etc by putting a barbell in my power rack with the j cups on the backside, for the pike work I put another bar at the bottom on top of the racks's feet... Seems to work week for the time being...

bgoods

Typing on my iPhone, pardon the spelling and grammatical errors...

bgoods

Typing on my iPhone, pardon the spelling and grammatical errors...