This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hbp/pe2 scapula pro- or retracted?

Started by Jonas H, May 2, 2013 · 3 Replies · 242 Views

Jonas H

Im having some troubles with this, do I keep my shoulders protracted through the whole movement as in the video in f1 hbp/pe2 or do I protract at the top of the movement and retract as I come down?

 

The reason Im asking is because everything I`ve read or seen about this excercise before I saw f1, so far is to keep my scapula retracted at the bottom of the movement, and protracted at the top.

 

I tried searching for this, but nothing showed when I searched for "hbp" :(

 

Thanks for taking your time :)

Coach Sommer

The athlete in the video does not maintain full protraction throughout the movement; that is not physically possible.  He is simply maintaining it as best he can.  A moderate degree of retraction is inevitable.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Jonas H

Ok. So you are not supposed to actively retract them at the bottom, but keep protracting them best as u can through the movement? Just making sure I got it right.

 

Thanks for answering! :)

Sam Carr

Is this why his shoulders internally rotate in the video?