This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE3 question

Started by dan meiri, May 2, 2013 · 5 Replies · 177 Views

dan meiri

In the video the athlete finishes the movment with the rings touching his shoulders but in the bottom picture from the left the range of motion is shorter- I can only go as far as the picture- Is that sufficient?

 

Thanks, 

 

Dan

Joshua Slocum

No. Touch your hands to your shoulders. 

dan meiri

And how can i improve my ROM if i can not?

Cannister

It seems like if you cannot perform even one rep correctly for this exercise that you probably didn't truly master RC/PE2.  Post a video of you performing mastery of RC/PE2 and maybe someone can point out if you were doing something wrong.

Joshua Slocum

Is the trouble for you that you can't get your elbows behind your torso, or that your arm can't bend far enough for your hand to touch your shoulder? 

 

I would say that the important thing is that you are getting the full range of motion in your shoulders. If your elbow simply doesn't bend far enough for your hand to come to your shoulder, you could touch the rings to your chest instead.

dan meiri
Hari_Seldon said:

Is the trouble for you that you can't get your elbows behind your torso, or that your arm can't bend far enough for your hand to touch your shoulder? 

 

I would say that the important thing is that you are getting the full range of motion in your shoulders. If your elbow simply doesn't bend far enough for your hand to come to your shoulder, you could touch the rings to your chest instead.

I tried it again and got the full ROM. i wish i noticed that 8 weeks ago.. but later is better than never.. I guess?

 

Thank u very much Hari.