I seem to have managed to identify an odd recurring injury that occurs after I do pull ups. It's taken me a while to narrow down the cause because I never experience any pain during the move, it creeps up hours afterwards. It also doesn't happen every time I do pull-ups, just once in a while, so I haven't been sure what the cause is. The pain is a dull ache that radiates from the top of my abs below my ribs and around to my lats in a ring. And oddly the pain doesn't get worse if I move in any particular way. No amount of horizontal pulling or exercise with the same muscle seem to induce any pain, it's very specific to the pull-up. From a dead-hang position, the pain is where the lower body hands from the rib cage.
I've already taken an extended break from pull-ups when I started Foundation 1 and just recently I started doing a very small set not reaching any where near failure as a warm up element, but today the pain has creeped up again. I'll be heading to the doctor, but I thought perhaps somebody else has had experience with a similar problem and some possible rehab suggestions.