This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Mastery video submissions - requirements?

Started by MvdB, May 1, 2013 · 18 Replies · 260 Views

MvdB

Will there be specific guidelines regarding the mastery video submissions?

 

I would prefer not to have to film everything at once when the time is ready for my first mastery assessment. I'd rather film the mastery sets for a given PE/iM pair as soon as I've reached the required level and save up the videos for submission at a later stage. So it would be good to know what the audiovisual standards are that our videos need to meet :)

 

 

Nic Branson

It's in the works, hope to have details out soon now that F2 has been released.

MvdB

Awesome. I'm close to mastery of three PE1 exercises and one PE2 exercise and would like to get out the ol' camera soon!

Nic Branson

The submissions for mastery testing will have to be at the same time, that much I can tell you. They will not be accepted at different times as this makes it much harder to keep track of on our end and also part of mastery is that they are all at the same level at the same time. No training one then filming and then training another and filming while losing proficiency of the previous.

MvdB

Yes, I know. I wasn't hoping to submit them at different times, just to record the videos at different times so I wouldn't need to spend a week filming before submission.

 

By the way, I would hope that moving on to a higher-level PE plus keeping lower-level PEs in the warm-up is enough to maintain proficiency!

Finnbar
Nic Branson said:

part of mastery is that they are all at the same level at the same time

This looks like it'll be hard to regulate from the assessor's POV, look forward to seeing how this all gets done.

Nic Branson

Testing is also done via the strength chart. So you are not testing until you're ready to submit PE 1-3 in each element.

In any case not going to get ahead of it all here. Information for everyone is coming.

Jon Douglas

Wait, video submission for EVERY element, not just what's on the chart for 0.5, 1, 1.5? That's time consuming...

 

Well, you guys are gonna LOVE some of my improvised stall bars :P better get to filming on my PE1's...

MvdB

True! I forgot that we don't have to wait until overall PE6 mastery. Thanks, I'll await further instructions and work out in the meantime.

Nic Branson
Charm said:

Wait, video submission for EVERY element, not just what's on the chart for 0.5, 1, 1.5? That's time consuming...

 

Well, you guys are gonna LOVE some of my improvised stall bars :P better get to filming on my PE1's...

Every element and its IM. No skipping allowed.

Jon Douglas

Not a case of skipping, just a case of how much time it'll take to go back and film them all. Hadn't realised that and only filmed the ones on the strength chart.

Will put it on hold until more details come out~

Jon Douglas
Nic Branson said:

Testing is also done via the strength chart. So you are not testing until you're ready to submit PE 1-3 in each element.

In any case not going to get ahead of it all here. Information for everyone is coming.

Frankly this concerns me a little. I haven't done ABH, for example, for more than a minute at a time in warmups for a couple months now. That's no strain at all, but I'm not 100% sure I can do it perfectly for 5x60 without brushing it up a little.

 

What's the deal? Is it just expected that you maintain these indefinitely after completing the standard comfortably a couple of times? That doesn't seem a strain for Coach's athletes, but at my level I'm not certain 5x15 RLL will help me maintain 5 minutes of ABH endurance.

 

I'm a bit troubled by the thought that I've wasted my time with F1 so far and will have to start over if I've lost an endurance step while focusing on the lower rep work at the end of F1/beginning of F2 for most of that time.

 

Any advice welcomed.

Nic Branson

and that is why I was hesitant to put anything out yet for information. No worries Charm.

EDIT: You will be asked to show one set of each. One damn good set. If there is any question as in that set looked more like a max effort then something you could repeat then you will asked for all five sets.

That help?

Jon Douglas
Nic Branson said:

and that is why I was hesitant to put anything out yet for information. No worries Charm.

EDIT: You will be asked to show one set of each. One damn good set. If there is any question as in that set looked more like a max effort then something you could repeat then you will asked for all five sets.

That help?

A lot. Thanks much.

Joshua Slocum
Nic Branson said:

and that is why I was hesitant to put anything out yet for information. No worries Charm.

EDIT: You will be asked to show one set of each. One damn good set. If there is any question as in that set looked more like a max effort then something you could repeat then you will asked for all five sets.

That help?

I had similar concerns to Charm's, and was also concerned about how time consuming it would be film a mastery set of every single exercise. This, however, seems much more reasonable to me. 

jwalker497

Can someone get me up to speed here?  Is this mastery testing just a service GB will offer to help those who purchased the program determine if they can advance or not?  

Joshua Slocum
jwalker497 said:

Can someone get me up to speed here?  Is this mastery testing just a service GB will offer to help those who purchased the program determine if they can advance or not?  

 

There aren't many details yet. Essentially your progress will be officially recognized on the forum. Aside from bragging rights this will theoretically confer other privileges like access to WOD's or more advanced materials (what the privileges might be is 100% speculation on my part). 

jwalker497

will there be a fee?

Finnbar

A 'reasonable' fee was mentioned a while back to cover the member of coaches staff spending the best part of an hour starting at every second and rep of each of our submissions.

I do hope this is not prohibitively expensive as is something nice to aim for.