This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL1 and HBP2 form check

Started by Iguanus, April 30, 2013 · 9 Replies · 270 Views

Iguanus

Hi there, guys. After a 2 week hiatus, I decided to film what I was doing to get some tough love from the forum. I recorded 2 exercises and would really appreciate some input. Along with the videos, a few comments.

 

 

Stradle Planche PE1

4x6r. Looks like my tempo was a bit fast. Reduced and and felt the strain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoVfuf4kKNU

 

5r Swivel Hips also looks good.

 

Hollowbody Press PE2

4x6r. Looks like I'm piking a lot, but I'm working on correcting it. Also, looks like I pike a lot in order to have chest touching the floor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCYXkF5_co8

 

So, did I get it right? My mistakes are those outlined and what more did you spot that I could make better?

 

Cheers!

Keegan Y

Both videos come up as private; can't be viewed.

Iguanus

Sorry. Got that fixed (at least I can view it without being loged into my Google Account).

Adriano Augusto

sPL/PE1: It looks good ROM but not tempo, as you already noticed. A slighly bending elbows first reps I guess, but good. You've to do more slowly.

 

HBP/PE2: Too much pike, like you said. Besides, your neck is up and down on each rep; you've to keep straight to the rest of your spine.

 

You've to build more strenght, body control and alighment.

 

Keep working on it!

chobbs

Hey Iguanus,

 

How did your HBP/PE1 go? Are you able to maintain body position during that movement? If so then I would suggest working on lowering yourself to the floor for PE2 gradually as it will give you time to build that strength and muscle memory in a less stressful manner. If not, then I would definitely jump back and build it there rather than trying at this level.

 

- Chris

Iguanus

Thanks for the input, guys. Will try to address these issues.

 

Adriano, I've counted on the F video. Is 2-0-2-0 the recomended tempo or should it have some hold in bottom and top positions?

 

Chobbs, after these 2 weeks with lasting abdominal pain, I've lost quite a bit of core strength and stability (still have to tape it, but Hollow Hold was 4x48s without shaking (except for the last set), so I guess I'm piking because of it. I don't have the videos with me now, but I'll give it a try on the PE1 to see if I can recover form before trying PE2 again.

Gray

I'm still at sPL/PE 1 because my mobility is still holding my progress. I'm closer to the mastery, but i have a question. Is doing PE1 in elevated position to make the excersise harder a good idea? 

 

PE1 gave me a lot o strength and i want to milk it some more :)

Jon Douglas
Gray said:

I'm still at sPL/PE 1 because my mobility is still holding my progress. I'm closer to the mastery, but i have a question. Is doing PE1 in elevated position to make the excersise harder a good idea? 

 

PE1 gave me a lot o strength and i want to milk it some more :)

As in, elevating your feet? That makes it very close to PE2... is it worth making a distinction or are you better off stepping up? :)

Gray

More like closer to the PE3,but all PE after first one are hold-like excersises and I want to still do shouder shrugs but in little harder consitions(increasing the feet elevation for about 2-5 cm each time)and waiting for my mobility to improve. :)

Jon Douglas
Gray said:

More like closer to the PE3,but all PE after first one are hold-like excersises and I want to still do shouder shrugs but in little harder consitions(increasing the feet elevation for about 2-5 cm each time)and waiting for my mobility to improve. :)

Oh sorry, I got my wires crossed-- I was thinking about HBP not sPl ^_^

It's one way, but IMO it's not the intensity you want to improve in the scapular shrugs, it's endurance. So my approach would be (and was) to get those reps up to a comfortable, regular 21-rep warmup set instead.

That's my 2c ^_^