This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Some questions on F2 exercices
Started by Kris, April 30, 2013 · 4 Replies · 283 Views
Kris said:
Hi all, i have some questions about F2 !Is it allowed at forearms touch the rings during bulgarian ring dips (HBP/PE14) ?I'm surprised to find negative bodylever one leg after straddle .. should be not the reverse ?Is it good to use straddle jefferson curl (MN/SE3>iM) with very wide straddle for developing pancake ?Has your opinion back lever and muscle up will be demonstrated in next volumes ?Thanks !
1. No. It's like when you turn the rings out in support, they sit a little closer to the base of your fingers. Mine still brush a little, I need to polish that in F-series.
2. I find them about the same; I think it's more the hip extension focus (after the basic strength is there)
3. I think so, but that seems really awkward. I think it would be better to do seated pancake stretching, but I've never had to study for this.
4. Back lever might be, in the PL, FL or SL progressions most likely. It won't be hard to develop after finishing F2 progressions, if you don't already have it.
Muscle-ups apparently won't be until after the F series, because (from what I understand) Coach wants them built with a surplus of strength, so as to keep the form as good as possible (no lean etc) from the beginning.
There is a difference between touching the ring and resting on / using the ring for leverage.
Zach Armijo said:You are not a monster if you brush against the rings.
Hoo-rah!
Exactly. When the ring are clearly no longer vertical but tilting from your forearms pressing on them, I will call you on it every time.