This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F2 equipment and substitution ideas.

Started by vinni20, April 30, 2013 · 3 Replies · 275 Views

vinni20

Hey guys, I've been going through F2 and I'm really excited about all the material. As far as equipment goes, I've been managing to perform the F1 exercises with the equipment I have. For F2, the exercises I think I'll have trouble with are front lever and side lever. Does anyone have any ideas for either of these? I know it would be great if I had a stall bar for side lever but those are hard to come by. What do you think??

Keilani Gutierrez
vinni20 said:

Hey guys, I've been going through F2 and I'm really excited about all the material. As far as equipment goes, I've been managing to perform the F1 exercises with the equipment I have. For F2, the exercises I think I'll have trouble with are front lever and side lever. Does anyone have any ideas for either of these? I know it would be great if I had a stall bar for side lever but those are hard to come by. What do you think??

I am currently building Stall Bars and the only reason that I spent $125 is because I mistakenly understood Coaches statement about 1.5 Rungs in favor of 1.25. 

 

so the rungs cost me around 60% more.

 

as for the other pieces of equipment  I'm going to making a device that I can use as a set of Parallel bars that I can suspend from the Stall bars and throw a box over it to perform sPL>iM variations. the same can be gripped from underneath like the pommel horse involving FL variations

Jon Douglas

Until I find myself in a more stable situation, I'll be doing most F2 sessions at my local playground. Fresh air and sunlight is a good way to start the day~

B1214N

For the vertical straight arm body lever done under the pommel horse, you can instead do it on stall bars where you grip the top bar and your shoulders are against one of the bars which would resemble the body lever from Russian leg lifts. If you don't have stall bars either then you can get one of those chin-up bars where you drill them into the door frame and then with the door shut, grip the bar and have your shoulders against the door. Doing it this way would be harder than doing it on the ground because of the extra ROM and being able to go parallel with the floor, but you can just mimic the ROM of the pommel one by not going all the way down.