So today I just wrapped up my testing for where I fall for F1's programming. I've been truly humbled and it makes me want to get get right to it and progress as quickly as I can this year! ![]()
I failed miserably for what I was expecting in the test in week 11. I also did all the advanced stretches at the furthest degree of difficulty as I was already quite limber for some of the movements...I just wasn't physically that strong as I had thought.
(I found a typo from the instructions saying go to week twelve and find 5x15r when that is actually applied to week 11*.)
Goals 1. FL/PE6 = 5x60sec (Hollow Body Rock/ Shoulder Bridge Rock)
2. sPL/PE6 = 5x15r (Elevated Planche Lean/ Prone Half Straddle SIngle Leg Extension)
3. HPE/PE6 = 5x15r (Parallel Bar Dip/ Single Arm Bent Cat)
4. RC/PE6 = 5x60sec (Bent Arm Chin Hang/ Overgrip Bent Pull)
5. MN/PE6 = 5x15r (Negative Hang Leg Raise/ Vertical Pike Pull)
6. SL/PE6 = 5x60sec (Reverse Leg Lift/ Outside Inside Outside Back)
7. SLS/PE6 = 5x15r (Hawaiian Squat/ Shoulder Bridge Leg Curl)
The following results as numerically listed as is from above
1st. 31sec | 35sec | 36sec | 36.5sec | 38sec
2nd. 3 reps | 2.5 reps | 2.5 reps | 2 reps | 2 reps
3rd. 9 reps | 2 reps | 1.5 reps | 1.5 reps | 1.5 reps
4th. 31 sec | 32 sec | 37 sec | 40 sec | 40 sec
5th. 2 reps | 3 reps | 2 reps | 3 reps | 2 reps
6th 12 reps in 1 min | 12 reps in 1 min | 17 reps in 1 min | 14 reps in 1 min | 16 reps in 1 min
7th 10 reps | 5 reps | 3 reps | 3 reps | 3 reps
Based on this, would you recommend I should start?
I came from a semi gymnastic background turned bodybuilder tuned powerlifter turned back to gymnastics as I missed it badly. Some of the things I used to be able to do when I was younger are THAT much harder when your body is longer aha.
I'm currently doing a 4 day split as recommended. Should I take a step back on some of those moves or should I just lower the volume? I'm still partially confused on how to set this up and I THINK I have a gist of understanding the programming of it.
It's similar to Wendler's 531 program with deloads to forever progress forward. (Actually from the looks of it, all the workout schedule's remind me of bodybuilding a way. Upper Lower, Full Body, and Body Part Specific to be exact. Aha)
All help would be massively appreciated as this is an almost entirely new world of fitness programming to me and I LOVE the challenge of trying to better understand it and master it!
Thanks again in advance.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Critique of my testing for Week "12" (Foundation 1)
Started by strongyetagil3, April 30, 2013 · 1 Replies · 122 Views
Well, first, the course instructions explicitly say DO NOT assume that you are capable of performing mastery for a given strength/mobility element unless you actually perform them to mastery standards first. It also says to not skip exercise pairs.
So, if you haven't already, you need to go back and demonstrate mastery for the very first strength/mobility exercise for each element. If you succeed, then you can attempt mastery for the second pairing, and so on until you reach either a strength or mobility element that you cannot demonstrate mastery of, and then decide whether to start at week 1, week 5, or week 9 of the "12 week cycle" for that element.
All of these instructions are in the F1 course.