Best Row Variant for Muscleup

Started by jwalker497, April 29, 2013 · 7 Replies · 3,787 Views

jwalker497

What wold be the best Row variation for somebody working on the muscleup?

Joshua Naterman

False grip pull ups. Other than that, RC PE1 from F1. This is a basic developmental exercise, and if you can't show mastery on this then you have some serious imbalances to fix, which is easy to do: Just follow the template.

Blairbob

I'm just thinking off the top of my head that if you need to work on some form of "row" which means horizontal pulling, then I would think a horizontal body row in false grip. Horizontal or angled, whatever.

jwalker497

Yeah and I dont think FL rows would give me the ROM that I need to help with a muscleup.  I was thinking inverted Rows with a FG

Bipocni

Just basic false grip rows, but working towards a false grip pullup, i would think...

David Birchall
Joshua Naterman said:

False grip pull ups. Other than that, RC PE1 from F1. This is a basic developmental exercise, and if you can't show mastery on this then you have some serious imbalances to fix, which is easy to do: Just follow the template.

Josh, can you elaborate on this?  I take it you mean RC/PE1 specifically rather than the RC series.  Is it because of the vertical body position at the top of the exercise and its similarity to the top of a pull up?

 

Thanks

Joshua Naterman

Discussion of F1 materials belongs in the F1 forum, not here.

Mats Trane

Rows bringing the rings to your chest and pause there.

Get the foundation series there is some great stuff in there :)