This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE6 - is it possible to do on a door?

Started by Michael Ho, April 28, 2013 · 4 Replies · 239 Views

Michael Ho

Is it possible to do the last portion of the exercise, before you go into the negative on a door?

 

I ask this because I can't get/push my back into the door to pull my hips up to shoulder height - I think this may be because my door moves a little (weights to hold it open) and also that I have to use a chin-up grip to hold me up.

 

Is it impossible with this type of setup, or am I just weak?

Michael Ho

I can't tuck up to the required height :S

Michael Ho

Hmm okay, see thinking about it I can hold tuck FLS so I should be able to do that.

 

Guess I'll just have to figure something else out for equipment, thanks Zach

deanb

I'm glad you brought up this exercise.  It is one that I started with after demonstrating mastery of MN/PE1 through MN/PE5. 

 

I just find this much harder than the preceeding exercises.  I can just barely get my legs up but I can't bring them down slowly.  I've been at this for eight weeks now.  I will be repeating at least the last minicycle.  I'm just looking for some pointers and wondering if others are struggling similarly.

 

 

Thanks,

Dean

Eric Cohen
deanb said:

I'm glad you brought up this exercise.  It is one that I started with after demonstrating mastery of MN/PE1 through MN/PE5. 

 

I just find this much harder than the preceeding exercises.  I can just barely get my legs up but I can't bring them down slowly.  I've been at this for eight weeks now.  I will be repeating at least the last minicycle.  I'm just looking for some pointers and wondering if others are struggling similarly.

 

 

Thanks,

Dean

The only thing I can think of that might help is to use a spotter or some kind of assisting device (stretch bands, a rope over the bar with weight on one end?) for the negative if you can't maintain it at all.  Gradually reduce assistance till you can do them on your own.