This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

transition from WP/PE 1 to WP/PE2

Started by Keilani Gutierrez, April 28, 2013 · 3 Replies · 136 Views

Keilani Gutierrez

I've performed WP/PE1 to mastery and i'm posting on here because I took the leap of faith and tried to do week 1 programming on WP/PE2 and my wrists aren't ready for that level of hollow.  :blink:

 

my question is, in the transition, what can be implemented to make it smoother? stay in WP/PE1 longer at mastery standard then make the jump? or gradually introduce the hollow? 

Jon Douglas

My take is more towards gradually increasing the hollow, with a secondary focus on performing PE1 slower. Basically just to gradually increase the weight your wrists take while maintaing that emphasis on perfect form and no momentum reps.

If you're comfortable with the 5x5 standard for PE1, personally I'd stay at those reps and lower your hands, thus increasing the angle, until you are working harder than you should be. Whereupon drop reps and up difficulty.

Keilani Gutierrez

gotcha, so I'll just tone it to the "perceived exertion" of moderate work, "master" that angle and work upto doing mastery at the full Hollow and then boom, WP/PE3.

Michael Taylor

I found when I first moved to the hollow that a hard wall made WP more uncomfortable than they needed to be!

 

A thin cushion between my hands and the wall enabled me to concentrate on the wrist and not my knuckle conditioning  :)