Bicep Injury Any Ideas?

Started by David Birchall, April 27, 2013 · 2 Replies · 2,446 Views

David Birchall

I posted a thread about this before but had to remove it for personal reasons as it contained too much information about the attack and would cause further problems for me.  

 

I have sustained an injury to my right bicep and now I cannot straighten it past 135 degrees and I can't lock out my right arm due to really bad pain.

 

The injury was caused by a wine glass thrown at me.  I have a lump on my right bicep just above the elbow crease.

 

I am going back to the hospital as soon as possible but my health service is complete shit.  I am going to pressure them to get it sorted on Monday.

 

It is bruised all over the inner bicep.  Have I torn a tendon?  Has anyone any idea what damage might be caused?

 

I have included some pictures of the bicep:

 

post-3032-0-18043600-1367095092_thumb.jp

 

post-3032-0-05690300-1367095132_thumb.jp

 

post-3032-0-87842700-1367095171_thumb.jp

Alessandro Mainente

wait until edema is gone and the full rom is recovered.

then test if you have some loss of strength. if is that case the tendons can be involved in the injury. one my friend some time ago torn his biceps near the forearm insertion and the edema was very similar to your.

elevate the arms during the day and alternate 2 minutes of ice and 2 of heat to increae the recovery from swelling..

eventually to confirm lesion consider to take an NMR.

Jon Douglas

Very much apply time, especially with the swelling.

 

Heal fast David.