Hi guys, I have very recently begun a limited amount of gymnastic exercises, having been into more general fitness (weights, crossfitting) throughout my 20's. The main movements I have been working on are planche and FL progressions, with HS practice and L-sit, L pull-ups thrown in as well.
I have been seeing a satisfactory level of progress with these movements (can now hold an adv tuck planche and one leg out FL), however over the last few weeks I have been experiencing an increasing amount of pain on the outside edge of my forearms. I get this most from when I release my grip on parallettes on my planches. From what I have read up on in the forum it appears to be forearm splints.
I appreciate rest is what is needed, can anyone give me an idea of how long I need to give it, as I only really get the pain after the exercise so won't know if I still have it until I attempt a planche again. Is there any indication I am recovered from this and can begin training again. Shall I give it a week off, two three? Also rice bucket exercises seem to be recommended. Shall I begin these immediately or do I have to let my injury recover before I can consider using the rice bucket. Having done a few rice bucket session I don't appear to be experiencing the "splint" type pain just a general forearm pump, does this mean I should be ok to carry on with the rice bucket?
Grateful for any advice
Steve