This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Progress Signatures

Started by Michael Taylor, April 26, 2013 · 8 Replies · 376 Views

Michael Taylor

I find it oddly reassuring and motivating to see where everyone else is in the F1 and H1 progressions.

 

It allows me to place people's posts into context and comforts me during my time in the trenches.

 

 

I have noticed that some posters have been putting their current progress in their signatures at the bottom of their posts.

 

I think that this is a great idea, so from here on I will be adding mine too! B)

Murija

I'm on board if the guys upstairs don't mind :)

Finnbar

This is a great idea, Mods shouldn't mind as we are only using acronyms :)

 

It's nice to see where everyone is at, especially right now, what with the workout logs down.

Ravn

Good idea.

LateStarter@46

I like it. 

We'd have to post every time it changed though   :ph34r:

Jon Douglas

I think this will become moot once the testing system comes out, but I'm in for now. I'll update my sig a bit later.

FredInChina

I tried to put this spider graph in my sig and failed... :(

F120130428_zpse2a5b907.gif

-MR
Charm said:

I think this will become moot once the testing system comes out, but I'm in for now. I'll update my sig a bit later.

Charm, I meant to ask this earlier. I understand why Hari is so far ahead given his background in gymnastics. What's your reason? It's impressive, so I'm just curious about whether it comes from something other than gymnastic training.

 

M

Jon Douglas
-MR said:

Charm, I meant to ask this earlier. I understand why Hari is so far ahead given his background in gymnastics. What's your reason? It's impressive, so I'm just curious about whether it comes from something other than gymnastic training.

 

M

Heh, this has come up a couple times lately; I got lumped in with Hari and Zach in another thread. That was awesome ^_^

 

Sadly, this is misleading. I'm really not far ahead. The mobility work comes easily to me due to a circus background (contortion), and many years of assorted martial arts, but the GST is purely from a couple years hard effort following the WoDs. The only thing that might tip the balance a bit is that I over-worked a lot on the WoDs, especially with static warmups, and built up some decent volume with basics; Lsits, planche leans, XR supports, that sort of level, so maybe just a touch more of the 'periphery' strength that doesn't come up often in daily life (like the arch body holds) and patience/work ethic.

 

I definitely think some of my kung fu practices help my recovery, which I imagine give me a small edge over time, but there are plenty of people here who leave me in the dust, not to mention the competitors. I'll hit my working level mostly in F2, maybe some in F3. I just keep my eye on my goals and train hard :)

 

The way I see it, a lot of the people who are excelling often long since internalise the cues that tipped the balance for them, so I keep posting about my own experiences, hoping that some passing thought or aside will help someone else find it a little easier. I am online a lot due to working from home so I also post a fair bit these days, which might give the impression that I know more, but despite my best efforts I'm still not yet wearing that advanced beginner hat.

 

PS; Gee, I really hope someone makes that advanced beginner's hat a reality. I'm thinking like a wizard's cone-shaped hat. Awesome.