Pitiful Pancake

Started by StevenL, January 21, 2009 · 2 Replies · 2,689 Views

StevenL

I am working on press handstands almost daily, and have come across a problem. While I can do the straddle press handstand, it is not at all correct and looks very ugly. I do not have the feeling of pulling my hips up over my shoulders and then closing the legs, but just a very . . . ugly feeling and I know I am not doing it right. I believe this to be a pancake flexibility problem, because I can't feel myself sucking my feet in before pressing up. So, I tried a pancake stretch. Horrible. I have a pretty good pike(palms flat on ground), but my pancake is awful. Any help would be appreciated.

Blairbob

Work straddle L on floor or parallettes. Work hip flexor lifts in straddle or holding your heels up or hip flexor circles. start working on stretching your pancake with your feet turned out and up. inside of heel pointed to ceiling.

StevenL

Thanks, Bob. You always seem to end up helping me out. :D