Is the new "BtGB" second edition actually foundation 1?

Started by strongyetagil3, April 26, 2013 · 6 Replies · 3,347 Views

strongyetagil3

Anyone's imput would be awesome as I cannot seem to find out if BtGB has already came out and it's called "foundation 1" as a online only course. Thoughts anyone?

Joshua Slocum

Short answer: yes.

Long answer: that is correct, plus F2-4 will be coming out as well.

Joshua Naterman

The Foundation series is the new Gymnastic Bodies training protocol.

 

There will not be a new edition of the original book,with the same name, because that is what the Foundation program is. It is available online only, and there will not be a printed version. This is because video is a heavy part of the course, since every single thing is demonstrated for you, in motion as well as with still shots, and you can't put video into a book. Trying to do so would be a disservice to the customers.

 

The Handstand Chronicles has become the Handstand series, and Handstand One is currently available to the public. All current and future second generation (and beyond) courses will be in this online format.

SuperBru

BTGB 1st edition was released as a book. BTGB 2nd edition evolved into F1. Due to the multimedia nature of BTGB 2nd edition it was decided to not be made into a book. I doubt there will be any future books as the online format is best suited for Coaches needs.

strongyetagil3

Thanks for all the replies guys. I was trying to determine to what to look towards buying and you answered just that.

I'm looking to buy Foundation 1 later on today but I am curious to know if it sets you up to learn how to do the elevator or iron cross? As far as ring moves those have been my biggest goals.

This past month I've been doing killroy70's routine and I wanted to know if Foundation 1 takes everything a complete step back from things I was beginning to progress with from his template and start with the very basics like frog stands and BL tucks? I'm totally A-ok doing so if it means cooler stuff later down the road.

Also I wanted to know

#1. If and when all of the foundation series is out, and someone has mastered them, can they apply for a GB certification? I've heard about it recently and I always wanted to teach something that has extremely high value in quality information.

#2 Let's say you have achieved the first level of certification. Does that mean you are at a level of conditioning that you could compete at an amateur, state, or even national level of gymnastics? I don't know if I'm too late to compete due to my age and current level of conditioning and really wanting to go above and beyond it.

Joshua Slocum
strongyetagile said:

Thanks for all the replies guys. I was trying to determine to what to look towards buying and you answered just that.

I'm looking to buy Foundation 1 later on today but I am curious to know if it sets you up to learn how to do the elevator or iron cross? As far as ring moves those have been my biggest goals.

This past month I've been doing killroy70's routine and I wanted to know if Foundation 1 takes everything a complete step back from things I was beginning to progress with from his template and start with the very basics like frog stands and BL tucks? I'm totally A-ok doing so if it means cooler stuff later down the road.

Also I wanted to know

#1. If and when all of the foundation series is out, and someone has mastered them, can they apply for a GB certification? I've heard about it recently and I always wanted to teach something that has extremely high value in quality information.

#2 Let's say you have achieved the first level of certification. Does that mean you are at a level of conditioning that you could compete at an amateur, state, or even national level of gymnastics? I don't know if I'm too late to compete due to my age and current level of conditioning and really wanting to go above and beyond it.

 

The Foundation series (that is, all four Foundation books) is intended to prepare students for the rigors of intermediate straight-arm strength training - e.g. iron crosses. So it will not be covered in the series, but it will get you most of the way there. The 1/2 inverted muscle up might show up in the Rope-Climb series towards the end of F3 or F4, but there's no way to know until they are released. 

 

Foundation 1's exercises are quite elementary, but that is it's purpose: to make sure you've really mastered the basics. F4 should culminate with some pretty cool moves, like the manna, straddle planche, full front-lever, and human flag. 

 

A GB certification is in the works, as I recall. However it is not yet available (at least not publicly).

 

If you complete all four foundation series, you'll be much stronger than the many gymnasts; your competition level at that point would be restricted more by your skill level than your level of conditioning. 

Nic Branson

Testing and Certification are still in the works. News will be out when it is ready. Keep training as standards are high.