This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Unapproved Posts?

Started by Cole Dano, April 25, 2013 · 5 Replies · 25 Views

Cole Dano

It looks like the server is fixed, at least for the moment the site is running as normal for me. :)

 

Been unable to use the site, I see a ton of unapproved posts have piled up. I generally clear a few whenever I visit the site.

 

Cory - am I correct in understanding that if a post is not approved it doesn't show to non-moderators?

 

Can other moderators also approve posts?

 

If so can we issue a few guidelines on doing that so they can help with this task? 

Cole Dano

(Darn, things are wonky again for me :( The issue seems to occasionally go away for an hour o only to reoccur.)

 

     Why aren't my comments being displayed?    

 

I'm not sure how to handle this guy. I'm deleting posts that are in the least bit inflammatory.

 

I think we need to give these types a time limit to get their act together or ban them, simply because of the maintenance involved.

 

However, we also need to be prompt in approving posts, since I'm having access issues hopefully we can get others involved in the approval process.

Cory Fair

All moderators can approve posts via the Moderator Control Panel. I'll send a PM reminder to all the mods about being on top of this.

Nic Branson

I caught up on most of them earlier. Something about Durden just rubs me wrong...

Coach Sommer

- Yes, he is a strange bird.  

 

- When F1 first came out and after reading one of the positive reviews, he sent me a PM to the effect of "This is BS!  Unethical, Coach!!).  I sent him a note asking what in the world was up.  Months later he finally responded that he was just surprised by the overly positive review.

 

- He is currently complaining to me about his post requiring approval.   :facepalm:

Nic Branson

I remember that. Oy! facepalm indeed geesh