This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Mastery of first round of exercises

Started by zeroender, April 25, 2013 · 5 Replies · 359 Views

zeroender

A quick question about the mastery of these techniques.

 

Since the tripod was too easy for me, I decided to try the last week of that exercise 5x60. I did that no problem, but my neck and head kind of hurt from the hard ground.

 

Anyway, I'm wondering about the wrist exercises before that. I was able to do them without feeling any pain in my wrists, but my arms actually got tired from holding them up for so long. Is this forearm pain I sign that I haven't mastered these exercises. Should I be trying to build up wrist strength or forearm strength.

 

Thanks for the help,

 

I just started H1 and F1 and I'm super excited. I tried dabbling with the big book before, but this is so detailed and clear.

rsims
zeroender said:

Is this forearm pain I sign that I haven't mastered these exercises. Should I be trying to build up wrist strength or forearm strength.

 

I would assume yes to both of those statements   :)

Jon Douglas

You are going to have trouble doing full pushup wrist elements if your arms are getting tired from kneeling ones, so yes, you should build up that strength. Don't rush the wrist elements, get comfortable with them. Biting off more than you can chew on them is (potentially) much worse than failing pullups or something, the joints need time to adapt.

 

/2c

Joshua Naterman

When you have mastered something, you can do it on a regular basis without undue fatigue. A single performance does not indicate true mastery. That's why things are set up with the Mastery week being the culmination of a lot of consistent training.

 

I will recommend that you start on week 5, just to give your tissues time to get used to the exercises, and ease into the mastery volume over the next 8 weeks. At that point you can just keep running weeks 9-12, or you can run 3 weeks of week 11 and the the deload of week 12.

Coach Sommer
Joshua Naterman said:

When you have mastered something, you can do it on a regular basis without undue fatigue. A single performance does not indicate true mastery. That's why things are set up with the Mastery week being the culmination of a lot of consistent training.

 

Perfect explanation.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

zeroender

All good advice, I'll continue from the beginning at week 2 then.