Stall bars are very pricy and the homemade ones look like a pain to build. I can think of two exercises that they could be useful for:
1) Side lever aka Flags
2) Strict HLL and variations
Anything else I might be missing to make them worth my while?
Started by JoeS, January 20, 2009 · 3 Replies · 3,094 Views
Stall bars are very pricy and the homemade ones look like a pain to build. I can think of two exercises that they could be useful for:
1) Side lever aka Flags
2) Strict HLL and variations
Anything else I might be missing to make them worth my while?
Stall bars can be used for RLL's (reverse leg lifts) and a multitude of stretching and pre-hab movements. I also believe HLL's are much more beneficial performed on stall bars. As well as being used for non-related things, by which I mean being an anchor for Harop Curls, or hyper extensions or body levers, etc.
In addition to many conditioning exercises, there are a tremendous number of important pre-hab and active flexibility movements that can only be performed on the stall bars. In my experience, I have found them to be an essential piece of equipment over the years. I have four in our gym 8).
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Thanks guys,
I guess I'll have to wait for coach's other books to get more details 8) .