Help with Pommel circles~~

Started by doofus93, April 23, 2013 · 2 Replies · 1,549 Views

doofus93

Hey guys

 

I've been starting mushroom circles training for awhile now, maybe 2-3 weeks and i can swing from starting point to 3/4 circle, however, im having a lil trouble getting the full circle. I think i know my problem; my hips are not turning back to the starting position, it stays like vertical, thus i always just land and stop there. Any suggestions or exercises i can do to help it? :) 

 

Much appreciated :D

Joshua Slocum

Post a video. There could be numerous reasons for your problem. 

Blairbob

 I can think of a half a dozen different things it could be but it would be a lot easier to diagnose with some video.

 

 First thing is are your hips counterturning?

 

 Make sure you are using some shoulder lean on each hand placement.

 

 How are you landing/falling on the 3/4 position?