This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F1 & H1 Questions/Results?

Started by jwalker497, April 22, 2013 · 4 Replies · 224 Views

jwalker497

 Im curious how many people here have lost any strength or skills since starting F1.  I was hesitant to start it because the initial movements look soo easy.  Can anyone advise or share their experience   I know there are many people her much stronger than me and I am curious where you were at before starting were you are at now and how long you've been doing F1.

 

Also How do I maintain or work on those existing skills while doing F1.

 

Lastly, What the best way to do F1 and H1 together?  Do them on the same day or on sep days.  how long does each program take?

 

thanks

jwalker497

Also, this may be a silly question, but is this course going to include Ring Strength Training?   or is this an all around Gymnastic Strength Training™ program?  I am confused because I cant see the future modules and really want to know where the road leads.

Alessandro Mainente

i'm currently maintaining my level of strength cause i got all the F1 final step and some of the Foundation last movement, same thing is valid for H1. btw i've found that some IM movements are new form me so, i'll continue to work over the mobility until i'll reach the current level of my strength. My strength is equal then before, some movements especially hs are better.

for example i'm maintaining my 5 seconds straddle planche hold with the last IM movement now.

i train 6 days a week. on 5 days i'm doing foundation. on 3 days handstand.

handstand takes me no more than 30 minutes.

Eric HARDOUIN

Not a direct answer cause it all depends on what kind of strenght you have and the form quality you brought with it. 

I'm personnaly not afraid anymore to loose some of the "strenght" I had, because it relied on wrong muscle recruitement and it crystallized limited mobility. But I'm 39 so it surely doesn't apply to you.

Anyway I'm still impressed buy the posture and muscle awarness a dedicated F1 training forces you to have. Many have experienced it with SL and FL PE1. 60s hollow hold with back up and lombar spine nailed in the ground is not that easy, even with bent legs...  

Still, I'm eager to see how much better those "old" strength moves I had will be in a few months :icon_twisted:

Joshua Slocum
jwalker497 said:

Also, this may be a silly question, but is this course going to include Ring Strength Training?   or is this an all around Gymnastic Strength Training™ program?  I am confused because I cant see the future modules and really want to know where the road leads.

 

There will definitely be more ring strength elements, as rings are a critical part of GST. Before the remainder of the series is released however, it's difficult to say exactly how much there will be.