Hi, here Im doing an advanced planche for a few sec.
And I wanted to know how my form is.
Started by BodyTrain, April 20, 2013 · 12 Replies · 1,826 Views
Hi, here Im doing an advanced planche for a few sec.
And I wanted to know how my form is.
Unfortunately the table makes it hard to tell how protracted your scapula are, which is one of the most important parts. Other than that, your butt is too high; your back should be roughly level.
Thanks Hari, I made an new video where you can see my shoulders..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyhq9p9deiA
Your shoulders look good. Your body position is improved. Nice job!
Hari_Seldon said:Your shoulders look good. Your body position is improved. Nice job!
I think there should be more protraction.
Yaad Mohammad said:I think there should be more protraction.
Yeah, looking at it a second time, I think you're right.
Okay, thanks. I´ll be working on it.
Elbows look slightly bent?
Just a quick note but to me you loose protraction way too soon. You could benefit from a lot more isolated serratus work like serratus PU and planche leans (long time holds). If you don't have F1 it would be wise to have a go, too. I say this because you form is the kind I had years ago, and I had to reset things recently...
Thank you Eric, I think I´ll add planche leans to my workout.
Until now I never took care about the shoulder protraction..(started my first cycle a week ago) Is it to prevent injuries?
A complete scapular control is need to prevent injuries with GST. Retraction, protraction, depression, elevation with right tilt etc. Josuha Natermann and other wrote a lot about this. To hold planche-like moves, with straight arms, you need a hella strong protraction, among other things. This has to do with the hollow body shape, also (curved back), wich is a prerequesit.
Just try to hold simple plancks with a curved back, scapula depressed and tightly pulled into your ribs + hips tucked in for time, you'll see what I mean ![]()
Seriously, if you want to go far with GST, buy F1...
Are your arms completely straight ?
Eric thank you for the explanation. I think that I have to read a bit more
I´ll be thinking of buying F1.
@MrPuppeh Yes my arms were straight. I thought the same as I saw the video.