This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How much space are needed around stall bars?

Started by Erik Rissanen, April 20, 2013 · 2 Replies · 134 Views

Erik Rissanen

I am going to purchase stall bars and I would like to get some advice on how much space I need around them to do all of the exercises in the foundation series. It would be nice that I don't have to re-arrange things later on.

 

I was going to wait for F2-F4 and figure it out myself, but I had a water leak in my place, and I have to tear up all the floors anyway now, and since I have to re-arrange everything in my home now anyway, I would like to prepare for the stall bars already now.

 

Would anyone know?

 

What I am thinking is that straight out I should have my body length for the side lever. On the sides I should prepare a radius of my leg length for leg raises, etc, in various directions. Would that suffice? Or do I need a full body length in a semi circle all around the bars?

Finnbar

Out in front of the bars you want your full length for body lever (bit longer than side lever).

I'd say the semicircle is a good idea

Maybe space above if available

Erik Rissanen

Ok, so in front, my full body, including straight arms over the head.

 

Sadly, the extra space above is not going to happen unless I can afford to remodel the roof of the building I live in. :(   I'll go to the gym where there are stall bars with ample space if I need the space above. But I want my home setup to be as good as possible since training at home is so practical with my demanding and erratic day job schedule.