This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 090120

Started by Coach Sommer, January 20, 2009 · 4 Replies · 1,788 Views

Coach Sommer

WOD%20-%20090120.jpg

Complete as many rounds as possible in 15 minutes:

10 Depth Jumps

20' jumping SLS

30 RLL in headstand

Finish with 2 sets of 30 seconds seated toe point stretch.

notes

1) Depth Jumps - jump off an object 3’-10’ high (smile), bending the knees but not allowing the feet to move or step upon landing. If in doubt go lower rather than higher and remember to BEND the knees upon landing!

2) Add weight as necessary to the RLLs.

3) The WOD acronyms.

usalvr2

Hi, and thank you for any and all help. Can anyone help with the SLS. I looked at the acronym and it says, single leg squat... but the WOD says jumping! How does that work? Thank you. Sorry, i've ordered the book and DVD's but not here yet!

-g.

Jason Stein

Complete as many rounds as possible in 15 minutes:

10 Depth Jumps @ 40 inch box

20 jumping SLS (10 L/R)

30 RLL in headstand @ 5# between feet

2 rounds in 17 minutes!

---I've been hitting the WODs, just not posting.

---Jumping SLS were tricky to do quickly.

---RLL HeS: very fun!

---Curious to see how this works out --- I noticed (or I think I noticed) Tuck and Straddle FL was easier during yesterday's WOD.

---Tuck planche and flat-back planche on floor has gotten quite a bit easier, though again I don't know if it's technique or strength gains.

Chris H Laing
usalvr2 said:
Hi, and thank you for any and all help. Can anyone help with the SLS. I looked at the acronym and it says, single leg squat... but the WOD says jumping! How does that work? Thank you. Sorry, i've ordered the book and DVD's but not here yet!

-g.

You do a single leg squat, and then jump. It explains it all in the book.

Nobodystopsdblob

WOD

Complete as many rounds as possible in 15 minutes:

10 Depth Jumps short stool

20' jumping SLS did 10 each leg small hop sometimes backwards HA!

30 RLL in headstand headstand against wall, feet down to parallel.

2 rounds in 16 or 17 minutes.

1 min warm up

3 rounds 1 min 10 2 minutes 6. last round was set at 3