V-sit press handstand (very

Started by Lucas Abner, April 19, 2013 · 13 Replies · 3,404 Views

Lucas Abner

Hey guys =)

 

 

See this my video... I make one Press handstand ultra fast..I do not know why I can do in this speed... therefore, I thought it would be interesting to post here.
 

 

 
 I hope you enjoy ;)

 

Sinom

This looks so nice! Good job!

Handbalancer

The reason you can do that is because you have ABSURDLY good pike flexibility together with great compression and good shoulder strength! On top of that you are able to do a Manna which is even harder. Because you can start in a manna like position on the front you get a lot of swing to go up with. Thats what gives you the speed. Very impressive. Only doing L sit press to handstand on floor is very hard and requres a superb pike. I saw some of your other videos and your flexibility is off the charts. Very good work. 

Lucas Abner
Handbalancer said:

The reason you can do that is because you have ABSURDLY good pike flexibility together with great compression and good shoulder strength! On top of that you are able to do a Manna which is even harder. Because you can start in a manna like position on the front you get a lot of swing to go up with. Thats what gives you the speed. Very impressive. Only doing L sit press to handstand on floor is very hard and requres a superb pike. I saw some of your other videos and your flexibility is off the charts. Very good work. 

Thanks friend!

B1214N

Excellent job Lucas! I wonder why Coach Sommer says a manna cannot be performed with fingers facing forward? This here is proof that it is possible to lift past a V-sit to a manna with this hand position and I saw another video where someone else almost reached a perfect manna with hands forward.

Joshua Slocum

It's not necessarily impossible to do a manna with hands facing forwards. But it's harder, because you can't cantilever with the fingers. 

FredInChina

Very nice :)

What is the noise in the background? A printing press, or a machine to calibrate peas? :P

Lucas Abner
FredInChina said:

Very nice :)

What is the noise in the background? A printing press, or a machine to calibrate peas? :P

 

lol... Is music of cars on the street, mess and parties.
Adriano Augusto

It was the first thing that I thought when I saw the video on Youtube: why so fast? The beauty it is on the slowness :D

 

Even that, you've ridiculous pike flexibility. It is impressive every time I see one of your videos.

Lucas Abner

 

 

Adriano Flo said:

It was the first thing that I thought when I saw the video on Youtube: why so fast? The beauty it is on the slowness :D

 

Even that, you've ridiculous pike flexibility. It is impressive every time I see one of your videos.

 

Thanks!, but when I make fast, I'm training control of my handstand friend.

Coach Sommer

- Truly exceptional compression flexibility; however by indulging yourself with your flexibility you are slowing down your overall strength progress.  Slow presses will build much more upper back strength.

 

- Also I have seen very little bent arm work that you have posted.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Coach Sommer

- Better, but keep trying.  Note that during the ascent your shoulders went significantly in front of your hands.  This is due to a deficit of upper back strength.  

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer