I seem to have either very weak scap depressors (wouldn't be a surprise, I can't hold an L-sit with flat palms for even a second, while I can easily do it on fingertips) or just some other muscle seriously overpowering them.
My upper traps also get exhausted very fast in planche work, shoulders dislocations, and it takes literally seconds to feel them get fatigued when I lose my balance during a handstand and lower down in SA press style. I'm not even sure if they are supposed to be engaged in those exercises.
I didn't notice them stick out in anyone's planche video. Maybe it's not traps that are sticking out, but it looks like it:
To illustrate the problem, when I do a planche, my shoulders want to elevate and elbows rotate out. Maybe a video will be easier to understand:
This is a planche lean. I first try to show the supposedly correct position (elbows in and shoulders depressed) and then change to elbows out and shoulders elevated (position my body wants to be in).
Am I lacking strength or what? I got my tuck planche in the end of summer of the last year in a matter of days, but even thought I've been consistently training, that's all I have achieved. I definitely have a weak point ![]()
I don't usually do pl leans on fingers but I wanted to try them since I don't even hope to ever have the wrist flexibility to even do an adv. tuck planche and I will need the finger strength to do it on fingertips.