This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Does stenuous exercise depletes imuno system?

Started by Iguanus, April 19, 2013 · 11 Replies · 295 Views

Iguanus

Hi there, folks. I'm just curious about some coincidences.

 

I'm trying to get past week 9 on all F7 PE1. It may just be a big coincidence, but I've fallen sick (brutally bad this time. Like 39 celcius fever after antypiretics!) for the third consecutive time. The cycle goes as follows:

 

Weeks 5 to 8 from PEs go OK

Week 9 Mon F4 and Thu F3. by morning. Sick to death by night.

One week hiatus, last fever being on Friday.

Repeat

 

I must add that I do feel really fine by saturday and the time hold exercises are really stenuous to me.

 

Do you guys think it's just a really bad coincidence? Or maybe I should try to spend more time on week 7 (like a whole mini-cycle, instead of goind to week 9)?

Keilani Gutierrez

if this has happened once, maybe its coincidence. twice? maybe you're overtraining. step back and try a lighter training load. are you currently doing H1 and F1 Integrated?

Joshua Naterman

One of the primary symptoms of overtraining is a compromised immune system. If you have just gotten sick, you may not be overtraining but you might not be allowing yourself to fully recovery, and that may be causing you to get sick again. You have to take it easier than normal for a week or two after a major illness, more often than not.

 

 

You may want to consider dropping down from the 5 day to 4 day, or 4 day to 3 day for a while.

 

Or, alternatively, stay on the current schedule but step back to easier weeks.

Iguanus

As I thoght. Thanks for the input, guys. I'll try do deload. Will try weeks 5-8 again and stick to 8 for another cycle.

 

Another question: I was doing H1 2 days a week (on F3 days). Should I pause it for a while or move it to days with no F, like Wed and Sat?

Keilani Gutierrez
Iguanus said:

As I thoght. Thanks for the input, guys. I'll try do deload. Will try weeks 5-8 again and stick to 8 for another cycle.

Another question: I was doing H1 2 days a week (on F3 days). Should I pause it for a while or move it to days with no F, like Wed and Sat?

that is a question only the demonstrated recovery skills of your body can answer, which is why i asked if you were integrating F1 with H1 because from what I got on your consecutive post, this is not what you are doing. as a test to see how your body fairs to the stimulus leave H1 on Wed and Sat for a few sessions and see if the transition will make you feel better than the aforementioned programming
Iguanus

Thanks, man. Will try that next week, when my training shall recommence.

Keilani Gutierrez
Iguanus said:

Thanks, man. Will try that next week, when my training shall recommence.

I hope you feel a lot better! we all love to train but sometimes we need to learn when to say "i've bitten off way more than I can chew" which is my case with a few PE's and their respective weeks where I currently find myself in. 

 

slow and steady! 

Jon Douglas

This may be way out there, but for eg) arch body hold and other statics which require you being close to the ground, are you using a clean floor and not inhaling anything that might cause you distress?

Keilani Gutierrez
Charm said:

This may be way out there, but for eg) arch body hold and other statics which require you being close to the ground, are you using a clean floor and not inhaling anything that might cause you distress?

like my BO on my Yoga mat? not at all. #secretelydistressed

Jon Douglas
KeilaniG said:

like my BO on my Yoga mat? not at all. #secretelydistressed

Lol @ unfortunate spelling error. "Stop secreting, it distresses me."

Keilani Gutierrez

lol! I just caught that. im not ashamed!

Iguanus

Charm, I think that's not the case. I do them directly on the floor, but it's always clean. Oftentimes, whenever it's a hot day, I lay down on it (slightly cool floor) and even take a nap. But never got sick before. I think it's training beyond my receovery or just a lottery winning luck on reverse ;)