This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

A beginners first cycle.

Started by Jerven, April 18, 2013 · 4 Replies · 5 Views

Jerven

So.. I'm trying out gymnastics training!

 

I'm a 23 year old boy from Norway.

 

Gymnastics caught my eye through the calisthenics guys on youtube by chance.

 

I will start by training by Killroy70's template, as I have the BtGB book. But are considering to buy F1 or H1.

 

Goals for the summer is: Perfect muscleup and FL, rings or bar.

(just bought rings btw, awaiting em over the weekend. Gotta build some parallettes too)

 

 

Where I'm at for statics:

Tucked Planche: 12s striving to get my ass higher

Flat tuck BL: 17s

Flat tuck FL: 17s

Wall Handstand: no max, but guess 40ish

 

 

 

Logging first workout tomorrow!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Jerven

Okay, this was done on friday.. And it was really a shit workout. I was very tired from work and felt demotivated..

 

Anyways:

 

tuck planche hold. 10x6s

tucked straight BL.   7x8s

tucked straight FL.   7x8s

handstands. balance training only, really tiresome this day

 

Supported headstand pushups. 5x5

 

Went to the park and tried some jumping muscleups, and did sets of very slow reps of pullups and chinups. finished with upper and lower position pullup hangs.

Jerven

was supposed to train saturday or today, but after some polish vodka knocked me straight out and made me sleep 20hours waking up just to puke, I passed:P

Jerven

Yesterdays session! (Monday)

 

felt very strong and good compared to last training, especially on the planche.

Was in a hurry when I went to FL and BL, so I increased the seconds with less sets and short pauses. Dident get no trouble untill fourth last set on BL.

 

 

Tucked planche: 10x6s   

Flat tuck FL: 6x10s 

Flat tuck BL: 6x10s

Wall Handstand: 6x10s

 

Pppushups: 5x5 as close to hip i could.

various pullup movements, was fatigued at this moment. finnished with pullup holds.

 

 

 

All together a good day, except that I was in a hurry witch made me too tired at the last exercises.

Jerven

Really not feeling it today, so i settled with a quick warmup, mobility work and some very light core exercises on the floor.

Stronger tomorrow.