This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Straddle Planche and other equipment

Started by mtflyfish, April 16, 2013 · 6 Replies · 355 Views

mtflyfish

I have no horse to do the stregth or mobility for the saddle planche.  Is there a substitute piece of equipment or other exercises that can be done for this?  I also see that later on in the series parallel bars and stall bars are required.  Rings and pullup bar are no problem.  I'm going to give the course an honest long-term chance but shouldn't these requirements have been disclosed up front before purchase?

Peekay

I'm using my dining room table for sPL mobility, works perfectly, can get messy at meal times though  :D

Joshua Slocum

Any sort of bench or elevated surface that can support your body-weight is fine.

thenail001

I would do these on a stability ball, arms supporting by sides in planche position.  You essentially get the benefit of neuromuscular conditioning by feeling the correct positioning of a full straddle planche in addition to the IM portion.

Joshua Naterman

Ugh... I am not a fan of stability balls for this kind of work.

 

Still, if it works for someone then... why not?

Keilani Gutierrez

I'm using the chair I work in (looks like a small bench) to do my Straddle iM. (I used to do a few for warm up.) 

Jon Douglas

I have an ottoman, on floorboards. Works very well, because I can start in plank position, then lean forward into proper elevated pl lean. Do the same thing with feet on a towel to do regular pl leans.