For the Seated Ring Row are you supposed to be seated?
Or, are your glutes supposed to be just a little off the ground, so you're resting on your ankles?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by wheezer, April 16, 2013 · 6 Replies · 311 Views
For the Seated Ring Row are you supposed to be seated?
Or, are your glutes supposed to be just a little off the ground, so you're resting on your ankles?
Iv'e never actually thought about that. Judging by the angle of the athlete is looks like the glutes stay on the ground. I'm assuming so don't take my word for it.
Yeah I assumed the same thing based on the video.
Reason I ask is the first Focus Point is "begin with the glutes and shoulders just off the ground". Shoulders I can understand, but glutes?
Yeah I'm not exactly sure. Maybe a more experienced forum member can post his/her opinion.
Tomas Johansson said:
Good call ![]()
Thanks Tomas.
So the idea is to not support your weight on your glutes. Although, the glutes may sometimes come in light contact with the ground towards the top of a repetition, depending on your torso length. Start with rings by your ears.
Looking forward to trying these out correctly on my next F7 day tomorrow.