This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Why MN/PE1>iM?

Started by wheezer, April 16, 2013 · 10 Replies · 639 Views

wheezer

Hi all,

 

What's the conditioning point of the Stiff Leg Windmill?

 

If I bend a little to the side of the 45-degree angle, I feel a stretch behind the knee* weight-side.

If I bend a little to the front of the angle, I feel a stretch across my lower back.

 

Is one of these the point? Or are they both the point, and I should slowly glide through this angle to get both outcomes?

 

 

* behind the knee is generally the tightest part when I stretch hamstring

Keilani Gutierrez

I feel it in my hamstring, so i suppose if my hamstrings were tighter, i'd feel it somewhere on the knee. someone with greater anatomical knowledge will give a better an answer than me by far. 

 

I remember Nic Branson mentioning on another post that you -shouldn't- be feeling it in your back. your chest should be relatively straight going down. it is a stretch after all 

Cannister

The general idea behind the Manna iMs are to improve pike flexibility, so that tightness behind your knee is a good stretch to be feeling.  I also feel it along my inner thigh.

gohei_

Correct me if I'm wrong but you should not feel it behind the knee, but rather in the thigh muscle, since there are only ligaments (I think) behind the knee. This is according to Pavel Tastsouline.

wheezer
Cannister said:

The general idea behind the Manna iMs are to improve pike flexibility, so that tightness behind your knee is a good stretch to be feeling.  I also feel it along my inner thigh.

Thanks Cannister, that makes sense.

 

 

gohei_ said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but you should not feel it behind the knee, but rather in the thigh muscle, since there are only ligaments (I think) behind the knee. This is according to Pavel Tastsouline.

Yeah, my understanding of knee tightness is from Pavel's Relax Into Stretch. He paints a pretty morbid picture that knee ligaments don't stretch very well. Towards the 4th/5th set when my knees are loose, I start to feel the windmill stretch my upper thigh.

wheezer
KeilaniG said:

you -shouldn't- be feeling it in your back. your chest should be relatively straight going down.

Thanks Keilani. In that case I'll pike my hips more straight down rather than out to the side.

 

UPDATE: Wow! Okay now that I bend straight down, this is definitely hitting the knee and inner-upper hamstring/pelvis.

Vicent Font

Hi people, i have a question for this iM:

 

In the video, the guy train with only one arm, it's necesary to do with the other arm?

chobbs

Yes -  5 reps per side between each set of the PE.

 

- Chris

FredInChina
Vicent Font said:

(...)  the guy train with only one arm, it's necesary to do with the other arm?

 

DO NOT dry your cat in the microwave! :facepalm::icon_twisted:

Vicent Font
FredInChina said:

DO NOT dry your cat in the microwave! :facepalm::icon_twisted:

?¿

Keilani Gutierrez
Vicent Font said:

?¿

el estaba diciendo un chiste xD si, hay que hacer el iM en ambos brazos, 5 en uno, 5 en el otro, pero que con el brazo que esta sin la pesa, que no vayas a meter a tu gato en el microhonda para secarlo xD