I had an interesting weight room session today. After about 6 weeks of prep work I finally got my full ROM single leg squats! I did 3 sets of 3 on each leg and after I was done a bunch of Corps of Cadets (I am at Virginia Tech) asked me how long it took me to do it. They all also commented on how awesome they were! I was all smiles and could barley respond (I am still getting used to being "strong" so this was actually my first compliment from an outsider) and kind of surprised because I have been working on getting them for several months and to me the SLS was just another exercise and I didnt really think about what it looked like from the outside. They were also a bunch of really strong guys, I mean they were dead lifting twice my weight but couldnt do a single SLS! I did take a few minutes to show them a few of the progressions that I used though. and they all (8 or so) started talking about it and several even tried a few while holding on the the squat tower. Anyways,I actually think that I look rather silly when I go into the weight room and the heaviest weight I use is two 20lb dumbbells, and do a bunch of body weight exercises.
Also, after working lightly for a month to let my shoulder heal I was REALLY surprised about the amount of pop I still had in my pull ups, even my towel pull ups were better than when I last did them a month ago, my grip did hurt more than usual though (I am pecking on the keyboard right now
). I also got a "wow" from another guy working on a machine near me when I did my sets of towel pull ups, he said something along the lines of how much that must hurt my hands
.
So in other words I had my first admirers if you could call it that.
So I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here and Coach Sommer for all the support and suggestions!