Joshua Naterman said:I think that a realistic 6 month goal is to be in the 15 to 18 percent range, and that's with extreme dedication.
I think your deficit is too large, quite honestly, but if you want a more detailed analysis you'll need to open a thread in Nutrition.
From the Handstand forum:
DEFINITELY time to get lean and mean. Fun fact: I was obese growing up. Lost 60 lbs in 4 months when I was 18 from teaching myself how to dance every day. Even so...I have NEVER been super lean, never seen the definition in my abs or any other part of my body really. I am voyaging into virgin territory for myself.
According to my Bod Pod test, I am at 32% body fat. RMR is 2600+ calories a day (just lying in bed wasting away as it were). "Sedentary" (like being a desk jockey who drives home and sits on the couch and watches the telly is 3400 calories a day. Moderate activity is 4600, and intense activity is 5500 cal/day.
Now those are maintenance levels, and I need to be in a deficit. I'm not quite up to the 5500/day level. I'm guessing I'm around 4000. So I set my intake at about 3000-3500/day. Even so its hard to eat this much, especially when doing it Leangains style in 8 hours. That's a LOT of food, especially when its done clean, which I am. I finally figured out I have to use oils and fats to get myself there.
My meals are:
-8 ounces organic chicken breast or grass fed ground beef, 1 cup baked yams, 2 cups broccoli or green beans, 2 tablespoons of mac-nut oil and an avocado
Salad: 6 ounces baby spinach, 8 ounces baked organic chicken breast, 1 cup peas, 1 avocado, and 6 tablespoons dressing made of 1 part almind butter to 2 parts mac-nut oil
-4 hard boiled eggs, 2 cups low fat cottage cheese, 3 tablespoons almond butter and an avocado
-occasional post-workout shake: 2 cups unsweetened almond milk, 1 whole carton (2 cups) of liquid egg whites, 6 tablespoons hemp protein powder (since whey has ben shown to be insulinogenic), and 2 tablespoons mac-nut oil.
Each of these meals comes out to being a little over 1000 calories, plus I have 8 ounces of coconut water after a workout, and an orange or two per day to stave off sugar-addiciton cravings.
I drink approx 150 ounces of water/day.
So yeah, that's the plan. I am doing aggressive progressive cardio 30-60 minutes 5x/week, mixing it up between steady state, HIIT, and LT-Intervals, and I am getting my body comp retested every 2 weeks in the Bod Pod to see how my work is working...
Goal: 6 months from now to be down to 10% or lower from my current 32%.
Analyze away...