Gymnastics mats for home use

Started by FredInChina, April 14, 2013 · 4 Replies · 3,078 Views

FredInChina

I am about to purchase a reel of exercise mat very similar to "Flexi-Roll" from Dollamur.

This comes in 3 thicknesses (1.25", 1.5", & 2") - unfortunately it is very difficult to replace the feel you get when touching a product with most internet purchases, so I'd like to ask those of you familiar with the product, which thickness is best adapted for home use?

I will use the mat for F1, H1, stretching, and some grappling.

 

Thanks :)

 

large_306.jpg

Cole Dano

- I have a similar bonded carpet mat, 1 1/2" thick and think it's perfect.

 

- 2" may be too much for all around use.

FredInChina

All right, very good, sorted. - thanks Cole Dano :)

chobbs

I bought two of those from Dollamur a few years back - the ones I got are 1 3/8" thick and work great.

 

- Chris

FredInChina

Excellent, thanks Chris :)