This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

No L-Sit or V-Sit?

Started by The Giant, April 14, 2013 · 4 Replies · 246 Views

The Giant

Just realized that in F1 there are no protocols for L-Sits or V-Sits, which I know Coach says are prerequisites.  

 

Going through the course meticulously is supposed to take a minimum of 5.5 years for a raw beginner.  With my size disadvantage I am going to aim for completing mastery of F1 and H1 in just over 7 years, in time for my 40th birthday.

 

So...does that mean I will have to wait that long to work on/achieve L-Sits and V-Sits?  It seems like that should not be the case (I own BTGB where it gives the PB progressions), and if not, then it seems a curious oversight...

 

 

...thoughts?

 

P.S.  I see the woman to the right on the background is performing a V-Sit (or is that the start of a Manna?), but what is the pose the man on the left in the background is performing? It looks awesome! (I am very interesting in learning equilibrsitics).

Finnbar

Hey there,

Just to clarify, when you say it'll take you 7 years to master F1 do you mean the whole foundation series?

 

The timescale of 5.5 years has been calculated based on completing F1,2,3 and 4. But it may take some people longer.

 

Either way by the end you will have some huge skills, especially for someone of your size (I read the intro post :))

L-sits and V-sits will  almost certainly be covered somewhere in Foundation series, and when you have a manna by the end of F4 L-sit and V-sit will be a piece of cake!

In another thread members are discussing what they imagine will come up and in which course
www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/11033-is-back-lever-going-to-be-covered-in-foundation/

 

Hope this helps

The Giant

Man...I can't even really imagine myself doing mannas right now.  I'd never even heard of them before BTGB.  

 

Thanks for the clarification.  I'd read the 5.5 years but hadn't realized it was for all 4 levels.  I know like Coach says, handle today and tomorrow will take care of itself.  That said, it's good to know which point on the horizon one is aiming for... :)

 

I think being a part of the community here, so I don't feel so much like I am training in isolation, and have seminars to look forward to, really helps.  It's also why I hired coaches....I learn best one-on-one.

Finnbar

You're welcome, this is a great community!

The Giant said:
and have seminars to look forward to, really helps.  It's also why I hired coaches....I learn best one-on-one.

Then from what I've heard the GB seminars will be amazing for you!
Best of luck with your training

The Giant

I went to one a few years ago and met Coach.  Looking forward to hitting up another one, but want to get some homework done on my own first...

 

Here is a picture of me (in the very back), for height reference (back when I had long hair and wore glasses):

 

90311149279466281698691.jpg