This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Rest Intervals between sets

Started by The Giant, April 13, 2013 · 4 Replies · 110 Views

The Giant

I couldn't find a search function for this forum and I have a feeling this has been asking before.  I am attempting to get a thorough grasp on the program before I begin my first day (looking to begin first week in May).

 

When working with sets and reps in the mastery templates, how much rest in between each set?

 

Do I do each discreet exercise to its full number of sets and move on to the next exercise, or do I do one set of one exercise, then another exercise, and so on, then repeat the cycle for each of them again?

Adriano Augusto

I don't understand your question very well I guess, but I'll try:

 

- The rest between sets are the mobility pair with the exercise. There's no aditional rest or as "rest" is normally used; your rest it is movement on mobility.

 

- There's no "one exercise, then another". If you are doing FL/PE1, you finish FL/PE1 with mobility (FL/PE1>iM) for the template that you're using that week, and then you move on to the next.

 

I hope it helps.

The Giant

That does help thank you.  For H1 wrist exercises do I do stretches first then strength work, or put stretches in between strength sets similar to IM?

 

I think it was mainly the wrist reps I was thinking about.  Sorry for asking the question in a dumb way (currently fasting so a bit loopy.)

gohei_

The stretches are the first thing you do, and the different pushups are done on their own, preferably in a circuit manner. I don't think you should put the stretches in between the sets for the pushups. 

Adriano Augusto

That's correct, like Gohei says; do the stretches first thing, you "move" a little bit the joint and then the wrist series.

 

I've been experimenting with the way to do the wrist series, and I've found that the best it's doing it on gian sets, resting the minimus to start again. 

 

I've tried to do single exercises, 5x5 in my case, but it's way longer than gian sets because it tends to rest more between sets. 

 

Despite of, wrist series don't need to be so hard to do or much rest. If so, you're pushing to hard and maybe you're rushing progressions.

 

Greetings from Spain!