Heya, I already posted a couple of times with some questions, one in the H1 forum regarding Headstand placement, and the other in the F1 section regarding Deck Squats. I figured maybe a good idea to introduce myself so am posting formally as such. I am posting this in both the H1 and F1 sections.
As I mentioned in the Deck Squat section (and elsewhere in the main GB forums), I have been trying to get a gymnastic body for years, with great frustration due to my sheer size, and a couple of injuries. These courses are exactly what I needed, and I cannot express my gratitude enough.
I am currently pursuing an aggressive program to cut my body fat down from it's current 32ish% to single digits ASAP, as my strength-weight ratio is already super low because of my height and mass, so the leaner and meaner I can get the easier this work will be. I do intensive progressive cardio sessions 5x/week and have my diet and nutrition pretty much dialed in, using the Leangains Intermittent Fasting method.
I am currently working with a neuromuscular strength coach 3x/week and a flexibility coach (who works with Olympians and the SF 49ers) 2x/week to rehab/prehab my body.
Cardio takes 30-60 minutes/day. I see each of my coaches for an hour at a time.
I am looking to start with the H1 and F1 courses.
After perusing the forums quite a bit to see what questions I have may already have been answered, I am going to try starting out with 5x/week doing the H1, and 3x/week doing the F7 (minus the Deck Squats which I need some serious advice on...please see question in appropriate topic). In both cases I am going to check my ego and just start at day 1 for each, even though things like tripods are very easy for me.
My goals are very ambitious. I am a bodyworker and a trainer, and already use many of Coach's (and my other acro trainers from my circus school's) ideas in working with my clients. Eventually I would like to be certified in Coach's systems to help promote his brand because I believe in it so strongly.
Personally my passion is breakdancing (bboying for the non-lay here), and it is this desire to have mastery over my massive body that has lead me on the quest for knowledge that brought me to Coach and now this program he has created. I aspire to full planches someday, and levers, and all kinds of equilibristic work, as well as dynamic power moves like flares and headspins (can already Windmill, but with my high bodyfat they have gotten sloppy). For many of these skills, for me to achieve them would break workd records for height performed.
I know I am not the only big guy here, but I am willing to bet I am the biggest. There is a whole world of difference between 6'1" or 6'2" and 6'7", especially with my broad shouldered beefy frame. I will be 33 years old in August, and have met other pro acrobats who started around my age who are now badass in their 50's, so I understand that this is a long-game that requires not just persistence, but a great deal of patience.
I look forward to being a more active member of this community, and creating friendships with you over the years, meeting up at Seminars and such.
It is going to take me awhile to ramp up my training. My eventual goal is to be training 3-4 hours 5-6 days a week, but that would be way too much for now. I want to get a good solid year of working through the materials before I show up to my second GB seminar next year. I want you all to meet me and see that I have been doing my homework.
Warm regards,
-Sky
P.S. Need to get myself a suitably long weighted bar before I start so I can get into the H1/IM1 sets...