This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE2 Pushup ROM Question

Started by mhodges, April 13, 2013 · 6 Replies · 317 Views

mhodges

Hey guys, so this may be over thinking it, but on the focus points for HBP/PE2 pushups, it says "lower the chest completely to the ground each rep". This seems to be very clear, and I take it literally to mean your chest should touch the ground at the bottom ROM. The only reason I ask for a clarification is that I always learned to lower only to a fists width from the ground or something like that. I notice it seems to recruit more of the shoulders when I lower all the way to the ground. I'm not trying to over think something as basic as a pushup, but I don't want to make an exercise unneccesarily more difficult if it's not providing some benefit. 

 

 

Adriano Augusto

I think it is not in the literal sense, as the video presents. Yes, you're over thinking  :)

Mark Collins

I also was not getting the last couple of centimetres. I was touching the upper abdomen not the centre of the sternum. It was harder going that bit deeper. My wife kept telling me weeks ago I was not going deep enough, but did not listen!

Adriano Augusto

Your wife telling you about push ups depth; that's love my friend  :lol:

FredInChina
Mark Collins said:

(...) My wife kept telling me weeks ago I was not going deep enough (...)

 

Are you sure you want to share so many details? :blink:

lnick1975

Chest to the floor means chest to the floor.

Unless your gut keeps u from reaching this depth.

Chest to the fist height is like never doing deep squats.

If you've only gone to fist height you've been neglecting muscles

And will have a hard time at first. Get over it and push through, it'll be worth all the effort in the end.

Mark Collins

Yes it is true love!