Handbalancing workshop Helsinki 27-28th april

Started by Handbalancer, April 13, 2013 · 10 Replies · 2,960 Views

Handbalancer

It is very late to come out with this information now, but thought to put it out there anyway.

 

I will be teaching a workshop on handbalancing in Helsinki the weekend 27-28th of april. I am a graduate of the University of Dance and Circus in Stockholm who specializes in handbalancing. If anyone is interested, here is the link to the gym that organizes it. Thanks to Cole Dano for making this possible.

 

http://punavuorifoundationalgym.fi/handbalancing-workshop-mikael-kristiansen-2/

 

Helander

Thanks for posting, just submitted the registration form!

 

Going to orient my workouts to handstand specific for the next couple of weeks to get the most out of that weekend.

pawlov

Damn, why are there so few cheap flights to Helsinki? ;]

Alessandro Mainente

damn damn damn damn...it' s too late hear about that now...

are you doing something similar in the center of europe in the 2013?

Handbalancer

If everything goes as planned I will do one in Zagreb in Croatia sometime this summer/autumn. This isnt 100% certain yet but there is a good chance it might happen. I am also looking for more places to teach so there might definitely come up more. I will post information about it earlier for the upcoming ones.

Alessandro Mainente

croatia is better...

ed x

Alex, 

 

Write me a PM if you want and we might be able to organise a workshop here in Torino, Italy at one of the circus schools. 

 

Mikael what are the basic details/requirements of you running one of these workshops?

 

Ed

 

 

Also, I have met Mikael and can say only good things about him. He is an amazing Handbalancer, both in terms of performance and in his knowledge of the discipline. He is also just a genuinely nice guy to hang out with. I really suggest anyone who can go to helsinki goes.

Cole Dano

There is a reason I keep inviting Mikael back twice a year.

 

I made a decision a while ago, that I only want to work with people who are 1) the utmost professionals and 2) people who I genuinely enjoy to be around.

 

Mikael is both and then some.

Helander

Thanks for great workshop, Mikael!

 

See you next time.

Joshua Naterman

I definitely have to meet him one of these days!

Helander

He's a great instructor - very articulate and well spoken as well as a cool guy in general.

Many of the stuff we had there were very basic 101 handstand material, but the way he taught them was like driving the facts from pure intellectual level to your emotional level, where you actually start behaving as you believe needs to be done.

And, as we all know, that's when you only start getting the real progress.

One concept driven to my unconscious: "Stretch your shoulders, stretch your shoulders, stretch  your shoulders!"