I've seen this move for awhile before, but wanted to share this. This is an upright body weight triceps extension. It's a triceps isolation exercise with no involvement from the front delts. Can anyone here do this and would this be possible on the rings or a bar?
As much as I like this exercise, I don't think it's the hardest body weight triceps exercise though. I think single arm triceps extensions on a bar or ring can be made harder than this and we also have the hypothetical one arm diamond push-up which may or may not be possible due to the immense triceps strength required.
One bad thing about this upright BW triceps extension is that the ROM is not that big and can't start at full elbow flexion where it would be hardest for the triceps. I wonder if an overhead BW barbell triceps extension with full ROM would be possible too as I've never heard of anyone pressing full BW with only triceps. I know BW+ biceps curls have been done before though.
So let's discuss!