Just a question on pull up form

Started by Fluidity, April 13, 2013 · 1 Replies · 1,853 Views

Fluidity

I just have a question regarding arm position in pull ups both in the top and bottom positions. When in the bottom position are the elbows suppose to be facing outwards? And my second question is when at the top do you elbow points face outside or start facing forwards a bit. I'm mainly talking about pull ups here since in chin ups it impossible for the elbows to face anywhere but forward due to arm/grip position.

 

I will probably post a video of wide l pull ups showing my form

Cole Dano

For standard pull ups -

 

- At the bottom

 

Fully release into a dead hang, elbows will find their natural position, which is pointing somewhat outwards.

 

- At the top

 

Should look very similar to chin up, elbow point back and positioned near the sides of the body.