Can you improve with F1 with only two days a week?

Started by gilad10e, April 12, 2013 · 6 Replies · 2,496 Views

gilad10e

Hello,

I didn't know where to post it but still:

I have read F1 and saw that you have to minimum train 3 days a week...The problem is there too much stress on my body (4 times gymnastics training every week).

So my question is: Can you train two days a week with F1 and still improve? how the training should go?all the body in one day?

 

Thank you :)

hunashaman

I'm no expert but I suspect you will make progress but at a slower rate. If you do choose twice a week only I would recommend that you do all the exercises on each of your two training days. Is the stress of three days too much because of other training that you are doing?

Joshua Slocum

Are you new to gymnastics? Have you not been doing other conditioning/strengthening as part of your training?

Unless your work capacity is quite low, you should be fine with doing F1 at the same time as skill work: just make sure you do your strength work after the skill work each day. If you find F1 leaves certain parts of your body greatly fatigued the next day, you may want to schedule your skill work accordingly (e.g. No vaulting the day after SLS work).

David Birchall

If you did 2x a week all 7 exercises each day then this would be the same workload as the 4 day per week split schedule.

gilad10e
Hari_Seldon said:

Are you new to gymnastics? Have you not been doing other conditioning/strengthening as part of your training?

Unless your work capacity is quite low, you should be fine with doing F1 at the same time as skill work: just make sure you do your strength work after the skill work each day. If you find F1 leaves certain parts of your body greatly fatigued the next day, you may want to schedule your skill work accordingly (e.g. No vaulting the day after SLS work).

I'm kind of new,I started 1 year ago but I advanced pretty fast because of past sport(kapoera,karate,I had the splits and some air sense)

so I have training of 4 days a week of 2-2.5 hours a week (and every time its about 15-30 mins of strength training). I do not have vault, I'm just on floor and acrobatic, hoping to learn all the events too :)

 

so to the point- I train something pretty similar to F1 4 days a week, just easier (less time and spread on 2 hours), so can I use F1 two days a week?and how?

 

Thank you and sorry for my bad English :)

Bipocni

Why don't you just train Foundation 1 4 times a week, at the end of your current training?

gilad10e

I can't because after my current training I'm too tired and can't complete all F1 exercises