L-sit revisited

Started by Dr. Durden, April 12, 2013 · 2 Replies · 2,210 Views

Dr. Durden

Why do I meet recommendations for working towards an advanced L-sit everywhere?

 

I my opinion, if you are striving for planche it makes no sense to work an advanced L-sit.

I my opinion, for a beginner it would make NO sense to progress from Lsit on PB's to adv. Lsit on PB's. The progression should move him to the floor and strive for going as high as possible - and then move on to sL-sit.

In my opinion, the advanced Lsit only makes worth wrking on if you re striving for Manna...

 

 

 

Am I right?

 

 

I realize some might point out the importrance on working the Manna-pattern (thus adv. Lsit) for structural balance. But lets keep structural balance out of the equation this time (In opinion, again :), strutural balance is easier to adress with light weights or bands) 

 

 

EDIT: just clarified a sentence, which was not really clarifying my point. 

Dr. Durden

No one?  :)

pashamur

If the only thing you want to achieve is a planche, working planche progressions will get you there. This forum, however, is focused on developing basic strength in many different areas to achieve a well-balanced and physically prepared body: the advanced L-sit is an invaluable tool in the pursuit of that goal (and as you mentioned, is in itself a progression for some higher skills, like the V-sit or possibly manna)