I thought Ross's take was perfectly aligned with the philosophy of the programs here and his style cracks me up ;-)
Started by julien, April 12, 2013 · 11 Replies · 3,993 Views
I thought Ross's take was perfectly aligned with the philosophy of the programs here and his style cracks me up ;-)
Amen brother!
Yup. Major gains come over the course of years, not weeks or months.
Hari_Seldon said:Yup. Major gains come over the course of years, not weeks or months.
If they come at all, that is...
emos said:If they come at all, that is...
They always come to those that train correctly, with dedication and work ethic. ![]()
Biren P. said:They always come to those that train correctly, with dedication and work ethic.
That's the spirit...
I'll even say that training correctly is not near as important as the latter two.
A bad program followed with dedication will always beat the best program followed with no zeal.
dritar said:I'll even say that training correctly is not near as important as the latter two.
A bad program followed with dedication will always beat the best program followed with no zeal.
Depends on whether the program is bad because of form, or simply programming, and also just HOW bad the program is ![]()
A bad program is for example :
Running a 100m sprint while at the same time doing full ROM Deadlifts for 3 sets with 5 min rest.
I guess that's the problem with making broad statements, too easy to nitpick
.
Rephrase that to:
An ineffective program followed effectively will beat an effective program followed ineffectively.
MrPuppeh said:Running a 100m sprint while at the same time doing full ROM Deadlifts for 3 sets with 5 min rest.
That would not be a bad program for sprinters actually... ![]()
Start with the DLs, then go on the track; that would work.
dritar said:I guess that's the problem with making broad statements, too easy to nitpick
.
Rephrase that to:
An ineffective program followed effectively will beat an effective program followed ineffectively.
It's similar to the expression "hard work beats talent if talent doesn't work hard".
You may have the greatest program on paper but ...