This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Handstand One Improvement

Started by aiken54, April 12, 2013 · 10 Replies · 818 Views

aiken54

My alignment has drastically improved over the past few months. I haven't done Handstand specific work outside of H1 until this week and my alignment has improved so much. 

 

Excuse the stretched out nature of this photo, I'm not sure what happened. 

However, distortion or no distortion, the poor alignment of this handstand is evident.

 

14cqr8p.png

 

 

I took this today. I still have room to improve, but I am really impressed with the results I am getting through H1 and F1.

 

120r0ua.png

 

-MR

That's a huge improvement! Good work man. What level are you working in H1?

aiken54

Only on PE4! I could probably do up to PE 6 or 7 with good form, but I want to milk these progressions for all I can. So I do the mastery standard for a few weeks each.

chobbs

Great work - it is too bad this got moved into the H1 forums ... everybody should see this!

 

- Chris

aiken54

I'm curious as to why this was moved. No course material was referenced with the exception of vague acronyms. Not complaining, I just want to know what NOT to do next time I upload something like this so all can see like Chris said.

phrak

Where did you get your canes/blocks (are they still called canes if they're a few inches tall?)?

aiken54

I got them from Logan Christopher over at Lost Art Of Handbalancing (He changed websites a while ago...). It's much more economical to make your own honestly, these were like $100. You could make your own for MUCH less money. But they're a nice tool to have :D

mmm
aiken54 said:

I'm curious as to why this was moved. No course material was referenced with the exception of vague acronyms. Not complaining, I just want to know what NOT to do next time I upload something like this so all can see like Chris said.

While aiken54 wasn't suggesting a error, I think his post is worth following up on. There have been a couple of posts I've seen that did not divulge any specifics about H1 or F1 but were moved. 

 

I know that the moderators must walk a fine line. They are protecting the very valuable work that has been put into creating this program. This is a service they perform both for Coach and for those of us who have spent money on the products.

 

As the same time, the knowledge that has been shared in the open forums has made this one of the best fitness sites around. I hope that we can hold open discussions and share things with people who do not yet have the resources to invest in H1 or F1.

 

More importantly, I think that posts that don't divulge specifics of the programing (not just the abbreviations) are great advertising for H1 and F1.

 

I don't mean to second guess the moderators. They are doing a great job and have a difficult balancing act to perform. I have every confidence that they are operating in good faith.

Coach Sommer

- No.  Private GB Course material will not be discussed in the open forum.  

 

- While seemingly correct in this instance, it should be clearly understood that I do not have the hours necessary each day to carefully review each and every post that references the GB Courses.  If any doubt exists in my mind that the discussion either currently does, or potentially will, go into private GB course material, I will relocate it.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

aiken54

Here is my latest progress. Critique is welcome :)

 

im01ls.png

 

It looks to me that my shoulders are too open and this is causing my entire body to lean over. Other than that, it looks straight to me. Also, that's as straight as my knees will go.

Alessandro Mainente

i've experimented the same thing when the shoulders start to be very opened ,and it's difficult to not lean with the legs if you have a  shoulders grip on the floor, i have to use less distance from hand to hand, at this point if you reach all the first part of the mobility with a decent weight you can start to adjust the hollow position with the last part of the mobility that work for that.

be sure that at least 7-9 kg are use for shoulders mobility. i got open shoulders before start the mobility, but my traps were not so strong as now. so don't use the open shoulders as an index to pass over, the idea is build up iron traps. 

for that reason i'm not skipped to the last part of H1, since november i'm working over shoulder mobility, i'm impressed because i've never think about the possibility to do some elements like IM7 with 9 kg.