Any good stretches?

Started by Bipocni, April 11, 2013 · 2 Replies · 2,326 Views

Bipocni

Anyone know any good stretches?

 

Currently I'm working:

 

German Hang

Bridge

Lord of the Fishes - for those not up on your yoga it's in convict conditioning 2

Cossack Lunge

 

I think this stretches just about every muscle in my body.  I'm looking for something for my hamstrings, other than just touching my toes...  Something like the rest of them that places the muscles under a bit more load would be perfect.

 

Anyone know any other good stretches that I should probably include?  Like a lot of people my pike flexibility in an L sit isn't great, but I don't think that's a matter of stretching so much as letting my hip flexors get used to the load.  Right?

FredInChina

Look up loaded (or weighted?) pike stretch in Coach Sommer's articles; there are also a couple of good threads on the forum, use the search function :)

Blairbob

 Middle splits besides pike. Pike on stall bars is great.